• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Clumsy starling nestlings (1 Viewer)

Jan3ll3

Neighbor day 1- found a starling egg
Day 2 hatchling found on the barn floor dead
Day 4 nestling found on the barn floor alive
(I crawled up into the hay stacks in the barn couldnt return to nest, i couldnt even find it. found an eaten bird couldnt identify) took it home to feed
Day 6 two others fell from the nest ( one is not moving with its head tilted to the side almost fully feathered) (second is barely feathered) she put them in a bucket with dry grass. The smallest of the two is sneezing and barely making a sound im worried about internal bleeding. I'm working with a rehabilitator to help with dietary needs to the best of my ability, baby 1 is doing amazing and is well on its way.
Any advice on possible injuries to my near fledgling friend would be great (again not a fledgling yet) also we have a ton of barn cats around.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back