• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Colfosco, Italian Dolomites today (1 Viewer)

mark clements

I have noted my ideas for these birds, but wondered if others could help ID for a skiing friend.
Thank you

Attachments

• Colfosco  all three birds.jpg
    Colfosco all three birds.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Colfosco central.jpg
    Colfosco central.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 48
  • Colfosco different pic of central.jpg
    Colfosco different pic of central.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Colfosco right lower.jpg
    Colfosco right lower.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Colfosco left upper.jpg
    Colfosco left upper.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 22

mark clements

for those that wondered I think Upper left may be species vulture because of the tail silhouette, and size... bizzarely similar tail to lammergeier (Gypaetus barbatus) but may be so far out as to be laughable
Central bird shouts Golden Eagle to me
Bottom right seems like a Raven.
To give indication of size my friend said he thought all three may have been golden eagles, he is a keen photographer, but didnt have time for the usual high spec shots. He is new to birding, although we both walked in the Ordesa in the Pyrenees so that he could photograph raptors last year and he therefore has some idea on size.

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
hwinbermuda I've moved your posts to this thread and subscribed you to it so you can find it easily.

You had inadvertently posted it in one of the Sticky threads.

nbalblas

I can only find Ravens and Golden Eagle in your pictures! In the first picture, I think it's just a fair sized Raven. Comparing the size with the G-E it fits Raven.

Users who are viewing this thread