• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Colombia, flycatcher (1 Viewer)

AveryBartels

Could you pm me with an idiot-proof way to do; I might as well if I'm passing...
I am not sure what the threshold is now (it was increased recently I think) but you have to submit a certain number of checklists per year in order to be able to "report" misidentified media. The theory behind this is that by and large, those who submit more checklists are going to be more knowledgeable and keen birders so that not every old Joe Schmoe can incorrectly flag species as wrongly-identified.

IF you meet the threshold you will be able to see a small "report" button to the bottom right of the media in eBird. If you can't see that button, then, unfortunately, there is nothing you can do short of contacting the local reviewer for the area.

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
That limit I believe is 100 checklists. I do not remember if they all have to be complete or not.

Niels

TomFriedel

As Jerome Fischer concluded, this is Yellow Tyrannulet. They are rather sparse in Colombia and often associated with Guaduas bamboo (eg at the El Paujil Proaves Reserve). Looking through the first couple dozen images of this species on eBird (filtered for Colombia), it appears as if at least 50% of the images are incorrectly identified so yes, I think it it safe to assume that a lot of the records are erroneous. One more task to add to my list for Colombia ebird review ;)
If half of the records with photos are incorrect, the records without photos are probably even worse. Fixing eBird sounds like picking up plastic on the beach.

Users who are viewing this thread