• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Colombia, flycatcher (1 Viewer)

If you are an active enough member of Ebird you can flag up an id from the checklist. I, unfortunately, have spent too much time working and in lockdown.

Niels
Could you pm me with an idiot-proof way to do; I might as well if I'm passing...

Could you pm me with an idiot-proof way to do; I might as well if I'm passing...
I am not sure what the threshold is now (it was increased recently I think) but you have to submit a certain number of checklists per year in order to be able to "report" misidentified media. The theory behind this is that by and large, those who submit more checklists are going to be more knowledgeable and keen birders so that not every old Joe Schmoe can incorrectly flag species as wrongly-identified.

IF you meet the threshold you will be able to see a small "report" button to the bottom right of the media in eBird. If you can't see that button, then, unfortunately, there is nothing you can do short of contacting the local reviewer for the area.

That limit I believe is 100 checklists. I do not remember if they all have to be complete or not.

Niels

As Jerome Fischer concluded, this is Yellow Tyrannulet. They are rather sparse in Colombia and often associated with Guaduas bamboo (eg at the El Paujil Proaves Reserve). Looking through the first couple dozen images of this species on eBird (filtered for Colombia), it appears as if at least 50% of the images are incorrectly identified so yes, I think it it safe to assume that a lot of the records are erroneous. One more task to add to my list for Colombia ebird review ;)
If half of the records with photos are incorrect, the records without photos are probably even worse. Fixing eBird sounds like picking up plastic on the beach.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back