• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Feel the intensity, not your equipment. Maximum image quality. Minimum weight. The new ZEISS SFL, up to 30% less weight than comparable competitors.

Comparative review - Kowa 8x33 Genesis vs Swarovski 10x42 NL Pure (1 Viewer)

Exactly, you are the first one who noticed, many people associated something disreputable with the word game "Conndomat", but this is not the case, it pays homage to the once great saxophone building in the USA.
It's a tenor sax, 10M (artist) built in 1940 ...;)
But I see your home is Indiana, a place where wonderful saxophones were made so it is a little less astonishing that you notice, surely you are well acquainted with the tradition of your state ?!

Andreas
Yessir—I’ve been to Elkhart many times. I have ended up cherishing my Yanagisawa alto, but actually have a Martin Handcraft tenor saxophone from 1926 made in Elkhart, Indiana, a Buescher soprano from 1923, and a Martin “The Martin” bari made there as well. I don’t play much any more since all my free time is spent with my wife and son or birding/bird photography, but still enjoy when I do get to play (just at home for fun).

Conndomat

United States of Europe
Ukraine
Yessir—I’ve been to Elkhart many times. I have ended up cherishing my Yanagisawa alto, but actually have a Martin Handcraft tenor saxophone from 1926 made in Elkhart, Indiana, a Buescher soprano from 1923, and a Martin “The Martin” bari made there as well.
Martins are wonderful saxophones too, I used to have a tenor com. II (Lion and Crown) ... unbelievable what depth.
I'm afraid we are now far off-topic, nice excursion into the saxophone world ...;)

Andreas

Users who are viewing this thread