• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Confirm ID Merida, Spain (1 Viewer)

Mike Beer

Hello. I took this photograph on the 22nd September near Merida, Spain. Is it a Pied or White Wagtail.

Mike

Attachments

• 913A26B7-87B9-4358-8324-82F0F03E8AE1_1_201_a.jpeg
    913A26B7-87B9-4358-8324-82F0F03E8AE1_1_201_a.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 33
Hello Mike,
if I would see this bird in Germany, I wouldnt hesitate to ID it as a White Wagtail. Flanks are pale with just a slightly wash to the flanks. Back is pale. I would judge the "darkness value" of the back as medium (=there a slightly paler and slightly darker birds in Germany) and I get the feeling that the picture is not badly overexposed, as I see patten/feathers in the belly and the face.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back