• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

confused (1 Viewer)

martyn3100

Hi i am Martyn a soon to be retired builder living in St Athan south wales,
i am interested in trying my hand at some digiscoping and currently have a Nikon ED82A and Nikon ED 50 i would welcome some advice as to what camera and mounts are best suited to these.B :)

Hi Martyn and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I've moved your post to the Digiscoping forum - I'm sure one of the members who hang out there will be able to advise you. I also subscribed you to this thread so that you can find it easily (you will receive an email with a link to take you to it) whenever anyone replies.

I hope you enjoy your time here with us and maybe we'll be able to see some of your pictures in the Gallery when you're sorted.

Hi i am Martyn a soon to be retired builder living in St Athan south wales,
i am interested in trying my hand at some digiscoping and currently have a Nikon ED82A and Nikon ED 50 i would welcome some advice as to what camera and mounts are best suited to these.B :)

I am not sure if Nikon has designated adapters they sell but you might looking into it. If not....I have been using a digidapter from www.digiscopeadapter.com

Probably around $280 US dollars so a bit pricey. Or, you can be creative and come up with your own. I know I created one using PVC pipe and having one of the pipes fit around the eye-piece of the scope while the other sleeve went inside that first PVC and the camera lens when turned on, fit nicely into that. But it still had issues, but fun to do.

For cameras... point and shoots are best. Have one with a small 5x optical zoo to move from vignetting. I use a Nikon P310 but would suggest one of the Canon Powershot series SX730 perhaps. If you connect to my link in my signature and go to April 7th, I have a listing camera's I can see would work. There is nothing different about your scope that will prevent any of those camera suggestions from working. good luck...

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back