• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Converting RAW to JPEG (1 Viewer)

Gaz Shilton

United Kingdom
This has probably been done to death somewhere before but, I need advice.
I haven't uploaded photo's for ages and now due to shooting in RAW (I used to just use JPEG when I used Nikon), I can't remember how to convert to JPEG once I have downloaded pictures into DPP on my computer.
Could someone point me in the right direction please?
Oh..... In words that a computer simpleton could understand would be a bonus.
Thanks in advance.
Gaz

In DPP make any tweeks to exposure, saturation and the likes that you need, then highlight the image (s) that you want to convert. Then click the batch process button (top right), you can then select to convert to either jpg or tiff. Hopefully that makes some sense...

In DPP make any tweeks to exposure, saturation and the likes that you need, then highlight the image (s) that you want to convert. Then click the batch process button (top right), you can then select to convert to either jpg or tiff. Hopefully that makes some sense...

Thankyou postcardcv, will give it a whirl.

Cheers Nikon Kid.
Just got to plug my camera into my computer and away we go. Pity I don't have some exciting pics.
Didn't have my gear with me on Sunday (it was in the boot of my car) when I was at Fairburn Ings and witnessed a Water Rail taking a Chaffinch.
The latter got away though, all the Rail got was a bill full of feathers!!

Far better to use a card reader Gaz - they are dirt cheap and far less hassle then connecting your Camera every time.
Roy C. What does one look like, what sort of price range are they and where would be a good place to get one (web site)?
Silly questions I know, but, never heard of one.
Yes I know, I do live in the stone age (technology wise).

Don't trust the cheap ones! I had two cheap one corrupted the CF card the other packed in within a couple of weeks, spend a bit more £15ish and get a reasonable one

Thanks for the advice.
Will look for a decent one at the weekend.
After all I spent a bit on the memory card, so, it is only fair to by a decent card reader.
Thanks once again gents.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back