• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

cornell merlin id (3 Viewers)

For what it's worth, if anyone has a recording from the Merlin app where they are certain the ID that Merlin is giving is incorrectly, there is a way you can help with improving the app.

Upload the audio to an eBird list OR onto Macauley Library, and let myself or any other annotator for Merlin know and we can get it added to the training data to improve the system. (Caveat: should be "normal" songs & sounds, no nestlings sounds or obscure rarely heard vocalizations.) We've now got the ability to manually bring recordings into our annotation system, so while this wasn't possible last year it is now!
It does not apply to BirdNET for now, does it?

EDIT: Do clear recordings given by a known species that were left unidentified also count (wrt Merlin, not BirdNET)?

ANSWERED: Does your most recent bird heard goes to the top of the list? {Yes, there is a setting in the app.}
I was using Merlin sound ID and the most recent bird heard would jump to the top of the list as well as being highlighted. Since then I reloaded the app and now the bird list doesn't change order, only highlights the current bird sound. I thought it was very useful having the most recent at the top. Is there a way to restore that feature? What is your experience with the list order?
Answer. If you click on the 3 horizontal lines to get the menu for Merlin, then go to settings, the slider button is there for turning on that option.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back