• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Costa Rica for two weeks from 16th Feb. (1 Viewer)

Arbu

I'm thinking of making a trip to Costa Rica later this month. There are cheap flights to Liberia available at the moment from LGW. I wanted to go to Cerro Chirripo, but it seems that it's impossible to book the mountain refuge there, so instead I'll probably go around the north, Monteverde, Cano Negro, Sta Rosa etc. I've been to CR before, but there are lots of birds I haven't seen. I figure that I will save about £100 in energy costs going away for two weeks in February, plus I believe high inflation is going to become entrenched in the coming years, so I might as well spend my money now while it's still worth something.

If anyone is interested in joining me, let me know.

Edit: there's also a diving trip to Cocos Island leaving on 18th which coincides with the dates of the flights really well if anyone wants to go for the three endemics there. This would definitely be a good way to get through some of your cash before it dwindles in value.

I've been to the south before, so I'm thinking of focussing on the north this time. I'll check out Curi Cancha.

Flights are currently £412 with tui.
You can pick up a guide at the entrance if you're so inclined and I can thoroughly recommend David Rodrigues.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back