• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Crane ID. Kashmir (1 Viewer)

Sayib Khaliq

Date : 2nd October 2017

Hello everyone !

I wanted to know if an ID would be possible here. These birds were flying very high in the sky and looked mere specks to the naked eye.I tried to capture them using a 40X zoom camera and this is all I could manage. My main suspects are the demoiselle crane or the Common crane , since these winter in the plains of India and should pass through Kashmir in passage but sightings of cranes in Kashmir are rare, so I do not have much experience. I am attaching these photos and a small video clip.Would be glad to get any help.
Thanks in advance.
IMG_20210707_180427.jpg

IMG_20210707_180249.jpg
IMG_20210707_180515.jpg
DSCN3471.JPG
View attachment crane 2017.mp4

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back