• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Crow hybrid? Berlin/Germany (1 Viewer)

McHeath

Supporter
Crow Hybrid Charlottenburg.JPG Crow hybrid 2 Charlottenburg.JPG

Is this a Carrion Crow/Hooded Crow hybrid? The predominance of black and the black centres of the greyer feathers would seem to suggest so from my googling, but I'd be grateful for confirmation - many thanks in advance!

Hauksen

Forum member

McHeath

Supporter
Many thanks, Alexander and Hauksen!
That's a very interesting and comprehensive article Hauksen, I'll report the sighting accordingly. The three crows in the first picture didn't seem to be taking any special notice of each other, they were part of a group of about 20 crows on a newly seeded lawn in front of the Schloss Charlottenburg in Berlin (2 Carrion, 1 hybrid and the rest Hoodies).

Life first for me! :)

Last edited:
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia

Users who are viewing this thread