• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Current World Binoculars Mfg List and the quantity of unique units they offer. (1 Viewer)

Barska 57
Barr & Stroud 25
Bosma 54 approx
Burris 5
Athlon 18
Bresser, Alpen 31
Bushnell 72
Canon 10
Celestron around 40
Eschenbach 33
Fujinon 26
GPO 22
Hawke 28
Kahles ( owned by Swarovski) 7
Kenko Tokina 40. (Took over Minolta service and perhaps old Minolta designs?)
Kite Optics- Belgium 35
Konus - 42 approx - some may be body covering difference only
Kowa 27
Leica 42
Leupold 23
Levenhuk 52
Maven 22
Meade 8
Meopta 17
Minox 19
Nikon 54
Noblex ( formerly Docter) 3
Oberwerk 24
Olympus 8
Opticron 51
Optolyth - unknown, too hard to figure
Orion 16
Pentax 40
Sig Sauer 10
Steiner 35
Swaro 22
Tasco 22
Vixen 34
Vortex 34
Yukon Advanced Optics- (Belarus) -appears to be 10, based on a review site. Company website not functioning.
Zeiss 33 plus or minus, hard to determine

I thought Noblex had gone?
They still seem to stick around but sell a strange mixture of MiC bins and laser range finders. The only really interesting model seems to no longer be made - it's the old NVA military model formerly made by Zeiss. The NF 7x40 BGA.
However I just recently bought the 7x50 Inception MiC model and it easily outperformed my slightly older Nikon "Marine" 7x50. But that might just be the coatings.

Thanks for adding some others. I thought Vanguard was a store rebrand, I'll look again, and check DDoptics. I think we are close though and splitting hairs. Especially with the chinese and kamakura rebrands. Now the fun stuff. Alphabetized list, sort by mag/objective, focusing type, roof/prism, warranty period etc...

Thanks for adding some others. I thought Vanguard was a store rebrand, I'll look again, and check DDoptics. I think we are close though and splitting hairs. Especially with the chinese and kamakura rebrands. Now the fun stuff. Alphabetized list, sort by mag/objective, focusing type, roof/prism, warranty period etc...
Vanguard is not just rebranded. Besides, if rebranded binos should be excluded, why is Eschenbach on the list or about 75% of the names on the list? Eschenbach makes no binos, neither does Kite. If Kite is on the list, DDoptics should be on it, too as they sell basically the same rebranded Kamakura models for their higher end stuff.
The "Bonelli" was sold by DDoptics as "EDX HR" for instance.

I was only excluding rebrands if they were a store rebrand like Cabelas or West Marine etc. Yes, there are tons of duplicates or close duplicates among the Kamakura and Chinese OEM based stuff. If the company is trying to make a legitimate stand alone brand, basically, they have a website with pages dedicated to binoculars and optics, I put them on the list.

Updated list with some help from those above.. again not able to accurately list Russian units with website verifiable data, so not included..
Minox 19
Nikon 54
Leica 42
Swaro 22
Leupold 23
Maven 22
Vortex 34
Meopta 17
Pentax 40
Fujinon 26
Kowa 27
Canon 10
Steiner 35
Barska 57
Barr & Stroud 25
Bushnell 72
Tasco 22
Burris 5
Athlon 18
Bresser, Alpen 31
Vixen 34
Olympus 8
Orion 16
Celestron around 40
Meade 8
Eschenbach 33
GPO 22
Sig Sauer 10
Opticron 51
Yukon Advanced Optics- (Belarus) -appears to be 10, based on a review site. Company website not functioning.
Levenhuk 52
Kite Optics- Belgium 35
Bosma 54 approx
Oberwerk 24
Hawke 24
Viking Optical 26
Vanguard. 28. Woman owned, family biz.
DDoptics. 36

Total 1,233

Komz: 8x30, 10x40, 12x45, 15x50 (all with CF)
7x30 and 10x40 with IF and flat field. The rest are variations like with and without reticle, rubber armor, etc.
So 6 models AFAIK.

Barska 57
Barr & Stroud 25
Bosma 54 approx
Burris 5
Athlon 18
Bresser, Alpen 31
Bushnell 72
Canon 10
Celestron around 40
Eschenbach 33
Fujinon 26
GPO 22
Hawke 28
Kite Optics- Belgium 35
Kowa 27
Leica 42
Leupold 23
Levenhuk 52
Maven 22
Meade 8
Meopta 17
Minox 19
Nikon 54
Oberwerk 24
Olympus 8
Opticron 51
Orion 16
Pentax 40
Sig Sauer 10
Steiner 35
Swaro 22
Tasco 22
Vixen 34
Vortex 34

Updated list with some help from those above.. again not able to accurately list Russian units with website verifiable data, so not included..

Total 1,233
I alphabetized it for easier reading and thought you might want to update the first post with it too.

There are also the Russian EWA 6x30, 7x35, 8x40 and 10x50.

Usually in camouflage body.

The optics are fair, but mechanically rather shoddy.

I am not sure if still made.

They were one of the few EWA binoculars available new in recent years.

About 12.5 degrees field for 6x30 and 7.5 degrees for 10x50.

Regards,
B.

Thanks Guys! I will repost alphabetized. I don't need to be owner of it, happy to just start it and share helping build it. Someone will get use out of it somehow.

Binocollector, is the Russian stuff verified by a website? You have accessed it?
Indeed I have.
And Komz CF models, 8x30, 10x40, 12x45, 15x50
IF models, 7x30, 10x40:
Makes a total of 6, not 23, unless you count all variations like rubber armor, reticle or not, camouflage pattern, two-hinge model but there are only 6 base models.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back