• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cute Little Olive Green Birdy ID Assistance Request - Miami Fl. April (1 Viewer)

Hello everyone, how are you doing?

I hope everyone is safe and healthy!

I rescued this little birdie a few days ago, he hit my window very hard and seemed like it injured its leg. he was super Lucky that I noticed right away and that the cat which is around the house was not there at that time. He or she was very lucky.

Needless to say, I helped it right away. I have experience with birds and a very big cage, so I was able to make him feel right at home right away.

It's been only a few days and he seems fully recovered, very healthy and back to normal. I believe the time has come for him to go back in the wild tomorrow morning. He is walking great, flying great. He is eating and drinking and pooping. It's very healthy :eat:

I would keep it but it's not my place to keep it. my duty was to save him from the cat and make sure he is healthy and ready to go back into the wild. I do not intend to keep him as it's a wild bird. I only needed to be sure he was safe and healthy enough to survive.

I looked everywhere on Google I tried all the search words and all the pictures I could possibly handle. I was not able to identify this bird specifically.

I am hoping you guys can recognize this beauty and let me know the species.

This bird was located in Miami Florida on the month of April.

He is olive green, super super small, a forager he walks around rather then fly. But when needed he now flies no problem.

He has an orange crest/stripe on his head

You can see the details in the pictures I uploaded with this.

My priority is his well-being.

I am super curious to know the species at least

I want to thank you all who contribute to this post in a constructive way. Thank you very much and thank you for your time and patience in the matter!

Attachments

• 20200425_174722.jpg
    20200425_174722.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 20200425_174826.jpg
    20200425_174826.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 23
Ovenbird, pop it in a box to recover for a couple of hours, and then release in a scrubby or wooded area (preferably free from cats).

Thank you so much for the quick reply and sharing your knowledge. No wonder I never seen it around here, it's a migratory bird. I'll always remember it's beautiful colors and reconzie one if I ever seen one again

Ovenbird, pop it in a box to recover for a couple of hours, and then release in a scrubby or wooded area (preferably free from cats).

Apparently it's been a good week for Ovenbird sightings. I had one in my yard this week.

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back