• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Damselfly ID (Aberdeenshire, Scotland) (1 Viewer)

Andy Strachan

Scotland
Hey,

Just hoping to get an ID for this Damselfly. Seen it land on a leaf near a pond yesterday. Really struggling to nail down an ID, and I'm a total novice when it comes to these.
The pictures are quite poor as it was in the shade, and my phone's ancient. I've lightened them slightly, but the colour is fairly accurate. The damselfly just looked dull green/brown with no distinctive markings.

I also seen a red one and a blue one right before it, but neither landed for me to get close to them.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1663 (3).JPG
    IMG_1663 (3).JPG
    257 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1664 (2).JPG
    IMG_1664 (2).JPG
    240.8 KB · Views: 33
Hey,

Just hoping to get an ID for this Damselfly. Seen it land on a leaf near a pond yesterday. Really struggling to nail down an ID, and I'm a total novice when it comes to these.
The pictures are quite poor as it was in the shade, and my phone's ancient. I've lightened them slightly, but the colour is fairly accurate. The damselfly just looked dull green/brown with no distinctive markings.

I also seen a red one and a blue one right before it, but neither landed for me to get close to them.

Thanks.
Looks like Emerald Damselfly, I cant imagine there are too many of them hanging on in NE Scotland this late in the year.

Looks like Emerald Damselfly, I cant imagine there are too many of them hanging on in NE Scotland this late in the year.
Thanks, I was thinking along those lines as well, after comparing to various other ones, but it just didn't seem to have the emeraldy sheen like you see in all the pictures online, so was having doubts!

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back