• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Danube Delta Tours March/April (1 Viewer)

2520years

Lurking in the bushes is wrong.
Hi everyone

I’ve booked a holiday near Tulcea for March 30th to April 3rd. What I didn’t realise is that the boat tours don’t get started until May. |8.|

Does anyone know if it’s possible to go on a boat tour round the delta in the spring, at a reasonable price?

Thanks for any help :t:

Andy

SAFCA Delta Tours have said they have private tours earlier in the year. I can ring them to see if there are any spaces.

I'm still a bit worried I'll be left high and dry, so I'll keep looking for something more solid.
:egghead:

Depending on your level of adventureness you may try just talking to some locals with a boat. A caveat is that not many speak English, but we for example once got kinda stuck in a random village of the delta and managed to charter a boat out in no time. There are also regular public passenger ships in the main channels and you can try to take those and turn up in some village and see.

Depending on your level of adventureness you may try just talking to some locals with a boat. A caveat is that not many speak English, but we for example once got kinda stuck in a random village of the delta and managed to charter a boat out in no time. There are also regular public passenger ships in the main channels and you can try to take those and turn up in some village and see.

Thanks opisska! :t:

So, are there regular ferries to Mila 23 for example?

I like to explore, so 'turning up and seeing' sounds like the best option. I prefer being on a boat with a group though, so I'll look out for one of those.

Last edited:
We were in April 2 yrs ago and took a regular passenger boat to Sulina (should also stop in Mila 23 or a few other places on the way). Birding around Sulina was already not bad (lots of waders in the flooded Meadows behind the village). We stayed in a simple pension and he guy had a boat and made day trips with us. Was great!

We were in April 2 yrs ago and took a regular passenger boat to Sulina (should also stop in Mila 23 or a few other places on the way). Birding around Sulina was already not bad (lots of waders in the flooded Meadows behind the village). We stayed in a simple pension and he guy had a boat and made day trips with us. Was great!

Thanks, it sounds like a boat to Sulina is a good option. That might be really useful to know. Cheers! B :)

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back