• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dark Chestnut, anyone agree please? (1 Viewer)

pauliev69

Proud Smoggie
Hello
my id is Dark Chestnut, am I correct, trapped last night
Cheers
PaulV ;)

Attachments

• DARKCHESTNUT.jpg
    DARKCHESTNUT.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 122
  • DARKCHESTNUT2.jpg
    DARKCHESTNUT2.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 100
pauliev69 said:
Hello
my id is Dark Chestnut, am I correct, trapped last night
Cheers
PaulV ;)

Chestnut? No.
Its a moth Paul.
HTH
3:)

(Sorry. I tried to but I couldn't resist it)

Dave

J Duffie said:
Hi,

i would go for the Chestnut as it does not show the concave (S-shaped) termen of Dark Chestnut,

Regards,
Jamie

Indeed, shows no features of DC, apart from being 'dark' - this is an over-recorded species and in Hants we now require photos to verify claims. The illustration in Waring et al isn't very useful.

Mike

MikeWall said:
Indeed, shows no features of DC, apart from being 'dark' - this is an over-recorded species and in Hants we now require photos to verify claims. The illustration in Waring et al isn't very useful.

Mike
Thanks Mike,
at least I got the Chestnut bit correct!
Cheers
PaulV ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back