• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

David Attenborough: A perfect Planet (1 Viewer)

I'm catching up on this, and I've just watched Episode 2. Spoiler alert: I'm a wolf man.... the Arctic Wolves hunting hundreds - I mean hundreds, I've never seen or heard of anything like it - of Arctic Hares was flat out unbelievable. And then the post-programme snippet was about that segment, and the cameraman is everything I am and have been since I was eight, except he's actually doing it: his inspiration was a Jim Brandenburg book I recognise and a photo within that that I knew instantly: and then at the end of the account the wolves came and said hallo, as interested in him as he was in them. And I saw no threat.... if anything I saw the understanding and meaning that Sir David himself attributed to Gorillas (which do nothing for me) - that's where man's best friend comes from.

The best wildlife I'll see on TV this year, I shouldn't be surprised. Fabulous.

John

I love wolves too. A great part of the programme. In fact the whole programme has been great thus far and I too will doubt any wildlife programmes this year will surpass its quality. It is Attenborough after all.

Si.

As always with BBC/ZDF co-productions the German ZDF versions are always shorter (about 10 minutes) but the series will be publish on DVD in Germany next week in full length.

As always with BBC/ZDF co-productions the German ZDF versions are always shorter (about 10 minutes) but the series will be publish on DVD in Germany next week in full length.
Ten minutes seems a lot - do they not show the behind the scenes segments at the end of each programme?

John

Ten minutes seems a lot - do they not show the behind the scenes segments at the end of each programme?

John
Well, partly. I can only talk about Seven Worlds One Planet where they have shortened some scenes in the German TV version (e.g. the sloth scene).

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back