• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

David Bellamy R.I.P (1 Viewer)

KenM

David Bellamy was an outstanding presenter and enthusiast, who made many converts during his media career and will be sorely missed...R.I.P.

rollingthunder

I had the pleasure of meeting him on several occasions, usually in connection with botany, i did however brief him prior to a TV appearance (Midlands Today iirc) on the birds of Sheepwash for an article on urban wildlife...

He was a genuine real deal - a proper passionate naturalist and not a managed ‘wildlife’ presenter of the type that the Beeb and others waste time and money on imo:C

RIP David:t:

Laurie -

david kelly

Drive-by Birder
His series on the differences between the continental flora and fauna and the British biota, and why they were similar but a wee bit different, was very good, I think it was called “Vive la Difference”.

David

Farnboro John

Radio 2 was quoting tribute from Bill Oddie this morning. I wonder if they remembered the Goodies episode "Safari Park" which featured a spoof of David Attenborough's Gorilla moment featuring instead a family of Bellamies.....

A fine man and one who stood up for conservation.

John

Users who are viewing this thread