• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dead bird in Rome (1 Viewer)

I thought they were Starlings?

Nearly posted this up last night having seen it on twitter. City roosting Starlings, presumably startled from roost and hit a nearby glass structure or even miscalculated and hit the road (as has happened elsewhere).

Very sad.

I thought they were Starlings?

Nearly posted this up last night having seen it on twitter. City roosting Starlings, presumably startled from roost and hit a nearby glass structure or even miscalculated and hit the road (as has happened elsewhere).

Very sad.

Oh yes, I guess so. I remember seeing a huge flock of starlings over Rome once.

Some years ago it was announced that silent fireworks would start to be used (because dogs get crazy with the blasts), I think one of the places was actually Rome. It seems it never happened, unfortunately.

Fireworks are nice, but this is sad, although statistically insignificant.
This year in Warsaw, around midnight, terrified crow birds, probably rooks, were fleeing from fireworks from time to time, even in groups. Raven birds rarely fly with lantern lights all year around too.
One year, scared dog of my neighbor's was killed by a car.
Edited later:
Perhaps AUTOPSY would shed light on that strange event - broken bones, damaged internal organs, heart attacks. But nobody takes care about details. Most likely they got scared to death, panicked and hit something - buildings, themselves. But maybe the roar of fireworks temporarily disabled their brains or they got blind or they started to follow fireworks instead of stars or lost orientation in another way or felt dizzy from following moving fireworks and started vomiting ON EACH OTHER in flight like on a merry-go-round or they inhaled smoke and started choking or their eyes ran dry ?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back