• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Dead forum (1 Viewer)

Alexis Powell

Natural history enthusiast
United States
Although never very active, it seems this forum died when it was moved to General Outdoor Equipment from the old forum structure that binned it with other equipment including optics. I rather suspect that all the topics in the General Outdoor Equipment section get less attention than they might if they were included with other equipment. Also, I would think it would make more sense to include Bird Sounds Recording in the same forum as photography, digiscoping and art. In fact, I would suggest merging all three of these fora into one. It is awkward to have to back up to the forum level to go between related topics in these three fora.

--AP

Andy Adcock

England
Although never very active, it seems this forum died when it was moved to General Outdoor Equipment from the old forum structure that binned it with other equipment including optics. I rather suspect that all the topics in the General Outdoor Equipment section get less attention than they might if they were included with other equipment. Also, I would think it would make more sense to include Bird Sounds Recording in the same forum as photography, digiscoping and art. In fact, I would suggest merging all three of these fora into one. It is awkward to have to back up to the forum level to go between related topics in these three fora.

--AP
I've been asking for the section 'nature in general', to be moved for some time. I don't know how hard it is to do it but it makes no sense to have a nature section below all the optics and other stuff, it would be better, IMHO, appearing after the bird section. Several people have said that they didn't even know it was there as you have to scroll down so far, past tons of unrelated stuff.

ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia

Users who are viewing this thread