• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Did changing to a lighter 32mm over 42mm bino really make that much difference? (1 Viewer)

Right now I have a 10x42 MHG, 8x32 Cabelas Guide Series aka Leupold Mojave BX-3 (Amazing made in Japan gem with locking diopter that I bought on closeout for $98!) and a 8x30 MHG 8x30.
You like lightweight binoculars. The MHG's are nice and light for their aperture. I think the MHG 10x42 is the best of all the MHG's.

Yes I do as I spend a lot of time hiking in the mountains. Really like my 10x42s but wouldn’t mind having a pair of the 8x42s for the fov and low light performance. Lots of nice glasses out there but I do put a premium on weight so they HGs are a good fit for me.

I moved from my what 'was my basic' bin...a 10x42 to a 7x35.... True, not in the spirit of this thread moving to a 32x, but.... the size is spot on. I wonder how many feel a 32 is too small or is a negative and if so, for what reasons other than light? ... I don't, but curious how many would.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back