• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

vinwin

Germany
Hello guys,

I'm about to buy my first spotting scope for wildlife watching and I want to try out digiscoping with it. I'm just very unsure about which adapter to use, or which ones even fit (the ones recommended on the site for the spotting scope are for Nikon and Canon only).

Do you have any suggestions or can you help with my search in any way?

I have an Olympus OM-D E-M5 camera and a the spotting scope is a Vortex Viper HD 20-60x85.

Hello guys,

I'm about to buy my first spotting scope for wildlife watching and I want to try out digiscoping with it. I'm just very unsure about which adapter to use, or which ones even fit (the ones recommended on the site for the spotting scope are for Nikon and Canon only).

Do you have any suggestions or can you help with my search in any way?

I have an Olympus OM-D E-M5 camera and a the spotting scope is a Vortex Viper HD 20-60x85.

Best bet would be the universal type adapter where you can use different type of cameras for digiscoping such as Digidapter, SRB-Griturn etc. Same goes if you planned to do digiscoping with smartphone, can get from Phoneskop etc

Thank you for your answer! I'm not quite sure what you mean by universal adapters, do you have a link to one?
But I did find something on the SRB website, an adapter which should fit my camera: Micro Four Thirds SRB Digiscoping Kit | SRB-Photographic.co.uk
But what I don't know is 1. Does it fit my spotting scope? I'm searching and searching but I can't find the eyepiece diameter of it so I cannot know if it fits.
And 2. does it even work? Hopefully...
What do you think?

Thank you for your answer! I'm not quite sure what you mean by universal adapters, do you have a link to one?
But I did find something on the SRB website, an adapter which should fit my camera: Micro Four Thirds SRB Digiscoping Kit | SRB-Photographic.co.uk
But what I don't know is 1. Does it fit my spotting scope? I'm searching and searching but I can't find the eyepiece diameter of it so I cannot know if it fits.
And 2. does it even work? Hopefully...
What do you think?

Sorry for the late reply and this is the link for the universal adapter by Digidapter DIGIDAPTER for Vortex contact them directly for more info. For SRB-Griturn, you have options to choose what size of your eyepiece diameter. I had the prototype of their universal swing type adapter in 2007 and the owner is a great guy!

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back