• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digiscoping?? (1 Viewer)

robinho

Hello birders

Im new on this page and really need some help finding myself a new digiscope camera.. I have an Kowa tsn 821 and 32x ww. Im for the moment using nikon coolpix 995, but what to upgrade to somthing better.. I want som sharp bird pix:)

What about the sony cybershot dsc-h1? it looks amazing.. Is it an adapter developed to this camera??, that will fit my scop?

What is the beste digiscop camera? please help me:-D

Thanks
Kind regards Robin

Last edited:
Sony H1 for digiscoping? Don't think so.

robinho said:
Hello birders

Im new on this page and really need some help finding myself a new digiscope camera.. I have an Kowa tsn 821 and 32x ww. Im for the moment using nikon coolpix 995, but what to upgrade to somthing better.. I want som sharp bird pix:)

What about the sony cybershot dsc-h1? it looks amazing.. Is it an adapter developed to this camera??, that will fit my scop?

What is the beste digiscop camera? please help me:-D

Thanks
Kind regards Robin

Hello Robin,

Firstly I'd like to say welcome to Birdforum.

Secondly, I doubt if the H-1 would be very useable for digiscoping, it has a large "superzoom" range lens on it and as a general rule, these types of lens do not work well with scope eyepieces. If you have a local Sony shop, see if you can get them to get an H-1 in for you to look at. Take your scope along and offer it up by hand-holding the scope and camera. It will be immediately apparent if there's serious "vignetting" (dark edges/corners to the picture). I suspect this will be the case with this combination.

Sony's that work well with digiscoping setups are the W series, the W1, W5, W12, W15, W7. Personally, I don't think the 7MP models are worth the extra over the 5MP models, but others would no doubt disagree.

I use a W12 with my Kowa 663 and 30xW eyepiece. They work well together. I use a home-made adaptor.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Duncan.

Thanks a lot:) you really helped me.. I didnt knew that "superzoom" kameras didnt fit the eyepeices on the scops. Very handy to know.

I saw youre pictures and im impressed. Just smashing!

Kindest regards Robin:-D

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back