• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dijkstra FG Dragonflies of Europe (1 Viewer)

regor

Has anyone seen/bought the 2nd edition of the Field Guide to the Dragonflies of Britain and Europe by Dijkstra, Shroter and Lewington?

I am wondering if it is a worthwhile upgrade from the 1st edition and worth my hard-earned cash and would welcome any thoughts and opinions.

Roger

Hi Roger,
I don't have it and not sure I'll buy it but this is the cruical bit from NHBS.

'The second edition includes fully revised regional guides and identification texts, updated distribution maps and conservation statuses, illustrated accounts for five species that have been discovered in the region since the first edition, updated checklists and taxonomy, new photographs throughout, as well as an introduction to larvae identification.'

I'm a bit puzzled by 'new photographs throughout' as this isn't a photographic work?

Thanks Andy.
Unless I see a rave review I think I'll also give it a miss. There has recently been a new species discovered in Spain (a pincertail I believe) but I don't know if it's in the book.

Roger

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back