• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dipper in Devon (1 Viewer)

Turn off the A38 and drive towards Totnes. The road runs along side the river, drive across the first bridge you come to, park by the sewage farm and then stand on the bridge. You should see Dipper if you are patient. Best of luck. Roger

Thanks Roger. Looking at the map, is that the A384 or A385. I think you must mean the A384 as that runs along the R Dart.

It's the A384. I usually don't drive across the bridge but park alongside the road. However the parking area has a nasty slope so you may prefer to park by the sewage farm although be sure not to block the entrance. I f you want the chance to see Mandarin then when you turn off the A38 go towards Buckfastleigh and look down river from the stone bridge over the river by the chinese restaurant. Roger

Thanks for this Roger. We spent a day on Dartmoor and the R Dart and found two Dippers! One was upriver from Holme Bridge and the second at your site seen down from the bridge.

Thanks for this Roger. We spent a day on Dartmoor and the R Dart and found two Dippers! One was upriver from Holme Bridge and the second at your site seen down from the bridge.

That's great. It's always nice to know that your recommended site proved good. Regards Roger

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back