• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Direct Comparison of 8X32 NL with 8X32 SF? (1 Viewer)

fullsizeoutput_18e6.jpeg

SOON!

In the meantime, you can read this: https://www.birdforum.net/threads/it’s-may-—has-anybody-bought-tried-out-a-nl-pure-32-yet.408425/page-2#post-4184676

I have both and they are very close, really a matter of preference. I'll keep the swaro but because I prefer a few things in the ergonomics department, not because the view or the mechanics are better.

In the meantime, you can read this: https://www.birdforum.net/threads/it’s-may-—has-anybody-bought-tried-out-a-nl-pure-32-yet.408425/page-2#post-4184676
I have been following that thread, hoping that someone would sneak in a comment on the 8X,and when no one did I decided to start an 8X thread.

Thank you for the information.

I have been following that thread, hoping that someone would sneak in a comment on the 8X,and when no one did I decided to start an 8X thread.
My comments were about the x8 as well as the post I gave the link for. What would you want to know?

I do have them both, plus a few other relevant binoculars that are discussed in these threads. I've had the SF32 since October, and picked up the NL32 a few weeks ago. I'll try to sum up my impressions over the weekend.

Maybe this will inspire Chuck to post his thoughts and get the 'scoop' on the topic... ;-)

Happy Friday,

-Bill

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 8.19.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 8.19.46 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 90
  • allbins.bf.2.jpg
    allbins.bf.2.jpg
    552.4 KB · Views: 88
Face it folks, is a review by a few on here going to sway you to make a $2,200 or 2,500 decision? I sure hope not. If you have the $$ to buy one, surely you have the resources to try both then make a decision for yourself.

Face it folks, is a review by a few on here going to sway you to make a $2,200 or 2,500 decision? I sure hope not. If you have the $$ to buy one, surely you have the resources to try both then make a decision for yourself.
Great advice, which I have practiced for several years. That said, I do enjoy reading other folks impressions on the forum, whether I agree with them or not, as I can build up a reference of how my own experience with the same equipment corresponds with theirs. Most reviews and comparisons posted here, with a few exceptions, are primarily a subjective response, so one should take what anyone writes here with a grain of salt, unless their tastes, habits, or circumstances have common ground. Issues like eye relief, handling, weight, CA, AFOV interest me, and by hearing other's reports, it gives me a better idea of whether a certain binocular may suit me or not. Of course, if I really want to know, the only way is to get one in my hands and see for myself.

Relying on a chorus of praise from this forum about a specific product, carries no guarantee that it will suit every individual, but it can help direct folks towards making the effort to try them out.

Cheers,

Bill

Last edited:
Agreed Bill, however I get disengaged with opinion. Measurable attributes such as size, weight, FOV, and ER (although listed measurements can be inaccurate) are helpful to start, the rest is up to me. I find Allbinos very helpful as a start. Your photo tells a story off the bat, the Monarch HG is small for an 8X42 and the SF large for an 8X32. Nice background views by the way.

Andy W.

That said, I do enjoy hearing other folks impressions on the forum, whether I agree with them or not, as I can build up a reference of how my experience with the same equipment corresponds with theirs. Most reviews and comparisons here are primarily a subjective response, so one should take what anyone writes here with a grain of salt, unless their tastes or circumstances have common ground. Issues like eye relief, handling, weight, CA, AFOV interest me, and by hearing other's reports, it gives me a better idea of whether a certain binocular will fit me or not.

Cheers,

Bill
Spot on, it allows one to consider certain aspects of a model or brand, and if a n issue raised is worth considering. Most will adjust accordingly though occasionally a member may argue their point with vigour - which is fine too.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back