• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Disappeared features? (1 Viewer)

Deb Burhinus

Used to be well known! 😎
Europe
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this elsewhere, but I used to find the post count a useful feature to be present just below the user's avatar: it enabled me to know if this would be the first post from someone, which is sometimes relevant info to have (at the minimum it allowed the person to be greeted).
Just tap on the person’s avatar and it will tell you many posts they have made since joining BF, their join date and their most recent activity- it’s very easy

Microtus

Maryland USA (he/him)
Supporter
United States
Thanks, Deb. But it was displayed automatically in the old version, why can't it it be displayed automatically now?

RafaelMatias

Unknown member
Portugal
Just tap on the person’s avatar and it will tell you many posts they have made since joining BF, their join date and their most recent activity- it’s very easy
I realize that Deb, cheers. I guess the reason it's not automatically displayed is to avoid crowding too much the "avatar area"?

Deb Burhinus

Used to be well known! 😎
Europe
I realize that Deb, cheers. I guess the reason it's not automatically displayed is to avoid crowding too much the "avatar area"?
But you can still find out if you needed to welcome somebody either way - which that the point of your observation I thought? - it doesn’t take much effort (a tap of the finger!) to get the ‘relevant info‘ and makes the overall look less cluttered with bits of info imo - it’s also allowed for more info to be available at a quick touch, including someone’s most recent activity and which thread they are viewing as well as reaction scores (I’m not sure about the merits of the last one!)

Users who are viewing this thread