• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Dowles Brook, Wyre Forest (1 Viewer)

Fried Piecatcher

Fried Piecatcher
Wood warbler singing and showing well in Knowles Coppice this morning also 2 spotted flycatchers further down the railway track foraging just below the canopy. Cuckoo heard calling numerous times as he made his way around the woods. Lots of other birds seen including garden warbler, willow warbler, chiffchaff, bullfinch, jay & swifts

Rob Williams

Nice morning out in Wyre Forest today. Pied flycatcher, a pair of Redstart, Wood Warbler, 2 Dippers, Kingfisher and what I thought were Willow Tit(dull black heads) but is that right for the Forest, or is it only Marsh?

Last edited:
Nice morning out in Wyre Forest today. Pied flycatcher, a pair of Redstart, Wood Warbler, 2 Dippers, Kingfisher and what I thought were Willow Tit(dull black heads) but is that right for the Forest, or is it only Marsh?

I'm in the Wire Forest regularly and i've never seen a Willow Tit, but I've
seen plenty of Marsh Tits. The best person to enquire of would be the county recorders.

wheatearlp

England

Almost certainly Marsh Tit. Did you hear them call, that would clinch it.

Rob Williams

Thanks both, although the crown was distinctly dull, I think you're right about Marsh Tit. I've listened to the calls.

Cheers

Fried Piecatcher

Fried Piecatcher
An excellent morning along Dowles Brook today; several wood warblers singing just off the railway track, pair of redstarts with the hen nesting in a hole in a tree down by the mill. Dipper, kingfisher & grey wagtail down in the brook, several pied flycatchers with a pair nesting in a box, spotted flycatcher up in the canopy, cuckoo calling as it passed through, hen siskin & cock bullfinch showing well & lots of other warblers & tits

Users who are viewing this thread