• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Downloading images. (1 Viewer)

Freako

I was not sure where to post this, so please move if its in the wrong section.

What is the best programme to download images from the camera. I use Canon 40d. Mick

Mick,not sure what you are asking here.In Windows XP,you just download your shots from a card reader to the pc via windows.some people may use the software from Canon,which came with the cam.Or,you can plug your cam directly into the pc,and again,I think,use the camera's own software.

Thank you, I do download them using Windows Photo gallery, but I have heard there are better ways to do it, more advanced ways to store the etc.

Like Christine and Mike, I'd use a card reader and Windows Explorer. Keep it simple, reduce battery dependency, camera connection wear and tear and limit any 3rd party software bugs.

Mick, if I understand you correctly you are asking which software to use and not hardware like Card readers etc. (which I assume you already have!).Why not download via Canon's Zoombrowser that came with your Camera? The software will auto create a folder (I use the date as the name but you have options) and put the pics in there.
Once the download has finished ZB will open the pics with a screen-full of thumbnails and you can run a full screen slideshow for your initial cull if you want.

Mick, if I understand you correctly you are asking which software to use and not hardware like Card readers etc. (which I assume you already have!).Why not download via Canon's Zoombrowser that came with your Camera? The software will auto create a folder (I use the date as the name but you have options) and put the pics in there.
Once the download has finished ZB will open the pics with a screen-full of thumbnails and you can run a full screen slideshow for your initial cull if you want.

Thanks Roy, thats exactley what I meant, sorry for not explaining it properly.

Get FastStone ..its brilliant.

It will download your RAW/ JPG photos and auto date them as its downloading into daily / monthly / yearly folders, and you can view your RAW files as soon as they're all downloaded without having to open a large program like PS

i download into windows, all my files are raw only, and still get displayed on thumbnails, all procesing done through lightroom first the converted to jpg for web use and/or print. :)
works well for me! :t:

Get FastStone ..its brilliant.

It will download your RAW/ JPG photos and auto date them as its downloading into daily / monthly / yearly folders, and you can view your RAW files as soon as they're all downloaded without having to open a large program like PS
Exactly the same as Zoombrowser, there is nothing there that ZB does not do - I have both but prefer ZB myself.

I use Downloader Pro by Breeze Systems Ltd. From the card-reader, it automatically puts the images from my various bodies into their respective folders, and with dated sub-folders. With some attention to its tokens and other "programming" aids, it's able to cope correctly with the 9999 to 10,000 rollover which has happened on two bodies now. (And lots more, but then I'm not a pro and don't need clients' account numbers etc.)

Thoroughly recommended.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back