• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dr Manjeet Singh (1 Viewer)

jvsingh

Dear Birdforum community and friends of Dr Manjeet Singh,

Today, when I learnt about him, birdforum came to my mind. Such a talented photographer, and a wonderful human being.

It was a privilege to enjoy his hospitality, and accompany him on one of his photography trips in F.R.I.M. near Kuala Lumpur, back on 2008.

He will be remembered fondly
1670487876081.jpeg
1670488072786.jpeg
1670488104022.jpeg

I never knew him, but--having come across some of his posts before--his stories remind me of Colas Breugnon (an assigned reading of mine some years ago) plus birds, although I do like Dr Manjeet's tales better, and, also, they're all fact, not fiction. How is the book going on?

So sorry to hear this. His stories were so delightful and funny. I used to read them to my husband and we both got such a kick out of them.

I am really sad to hear about this...I loved Manjeet and his funny stories...I spoke with him on the phone twice years ago, I could barely understand him as his voice was so happy and so fast, but we both had lots of laughs...He contributed so much to Birdforum, not just his funny tales, but his beautiful photographs too...I think Manjeets stories should be resurrected on BF so new members have the chance to read about this wonderful human...RIP my friend, condolences to your family.

I have just seen this and I’m very sad to learn of Manjeet’s demise. I loved his posts for their enthusiasm, humour and relevance. We met only once, in 2009, when he was kind enough to invite me to join him on a morning’s birding at Sungei Buloh. Two new species were added to my list. He’d brought along a few beers.
Manjeet seems to have disappeared from birdforum shortly after that. I am aware that he suffered a personal misfortune.
Sadly missed.

I am really sad to hear about this...I loved Manjeet and his funny stories...I spoke with him on the phone twice years ago, I could barely understand him as his voice was so happy and so fast, but we both had lots of laughs...He contributed so much to Birdforum, not just his funny tales, but his beautiful photographs too...I think Manjeets stories should be resurrected on BF so new members have the chance to read about this wonderful human...RIP my friend, condolences to your family.
I completely agree Mali. Manjeet was an important part of birdforum for many years. I’ll try to forward your message to Delia. She’ll arrange it.
Cheers,
David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back