• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Ducks, Barbados today (1 Viewer)

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
The paler-headed bird I am pretty sure is a Ring-necked Duck. Is that true for the Dark-
headed bird also?

Niels
Ducks 2 P1170203.JPG Ducks 3 P1170205.JPG Ducks 1 P1170195.JPG

aeshna5

It might help if you state where you see a bird! I'm assuming Barbados but maybe not? Agree the pale headed bird is Ring-necked Duck. I don't think the male is that species. I think maybe 1st winter male or coming out of eclipse Lesser Scaup?

birdboybowley

Well-known member.....apparently so ;)
Supporter
England
To be fair it does say Barbados in title....
Both RN Ducks....look at bill on male rules out anything else

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
Thanks all of you. Someone else has also seen these ducks and state they are RND both of them. He must have had them closer than I did to have an unambiguous field id. The images here are increased in size over what the camera captured.
Niels

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
Sorry, but it did say Barbados in the title from the start. I have not changed the title (I don't think I could even if I tried). I think it is just that we are not used to the spacing of items on the page with this new format and it therefore got overlooked.

thanks for all the answers

Niels

Users who are viewing this thread