• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dungeness info please (1 Viewer)

mickbe74

Hi All,i'm planning my first trip to Dungeness tomorrow(Sunday 15th)could anyone give me any information on the site,are the Purple Herons still there ? any info or tips would be greatly appreciated,thankyou.

Hi the best place to view purple herons is from dengemarsh Road , near springfield bridge which are both just of site or you might be able distant view from dengemarsh hide or the viewing ramp on the reserve , but im not sure how much the herons show now as the young bird has fledged but all 3 birds should both be around still i think also look ot for cattle egret and great white egret cattle egret more dengemarsh area and great white egret can get anywhere on the reserve best place for bittern is the viewing ramp
waders will probaly be from firth hide or the flooded fields behind xmas dell hide if still got water in

hope this is of help

Had excellent veiws of Cattle and G W Egrets and the Purple Heron,thankyou and thanks to all the people on site who were also v.helpful,great site,would recomend to anyone.Does anyone know whether the female Harrier was positively id'd as an immature Hen Harrier or Monty's please.I plumped for Monty's.

Had excellent veiws of Cattle and G W Egrets and the Purple Heron,thankyou and thanks to all the people on site who were also v.helpful,great site,would recomend to anyone.Does anyone know whether the female Harrier was positively id'd as an immature Hen Harrier or Monty's please.I plumped for Monty's.

It was a Hen by the way.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back