• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dusky-capped Greenlet (1 Viewer)

Thanks Fritz. I think Barney may have this one in hand.

A great find for Thibaud eh?

Nice one Barney. He came through did he.

Any idea what PNYC stands for? Googling didn't help with that but it did lead me to Thibaud's proper name.... Thibaud Aronson!

I don't know that we should use it though, not without asking him.

Nice one Barney. He came through did he.

Any idea what PNYC stands for? Googling didn't help with that but it did lead me to Thibaud's proper name.... Thibaud Aronson!

I don't know that we should use it though, not without asking him.
I tried to find it by Googling it in a couple of forms and found nothing. I was looking at it to see if it was some kind of commercial entity. For him to have put it in the location, though, it must have some significance. I'm sure you know him better than I, but I don't think he's one of those who puts something like that in without having some thought about it.

Tell you what, though I'll DM him and ask, and maybe we can decide after we get his answer?

Barney

.... K

.... and at the same time ask if he'd like his full name to appear under his pictures?

I will ask him next time around. He's answered my query about PNYC and said it's "shorthand" for Parque Nacional Yanachaga Chemillén which we have in Opus in English as Yanachaga Chemillen National Park. I will edit this with the English version in the article caption and link it. He has edited his upload information to take the shorthand out.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back