• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Dvd Computer Problem (1 Viewer)

POP

Can anyone please help with this problem.For no apparent reason my dvd drive is not reading my disks I receive the following message.

"the following paths are not accessible
[BDVD8] D:/DATA

please check the [datapaths] section in the INI file.

This has just suddenly played up.Any help would be most appreciated.

Many Thanks,

POP

rozinante

Anarchism is order
Can anyone please help with this problem.For no apparent reason my dvd drive is not reading my disks I receive the following message.

"the following paths are not accessible
[BDVD8] D:/DATA

please check the [datapaths] section in the INI file.

This has just suddenly played up.Any help would be most appreciated.

Many Thanks,

POP

Not sure that the error message is telling you anything you don't alraedy know Pop. You know it's not accessible!

Does the drive apear in "my computer"?

Does it read any other disks, ie. audio or data CD's?

You could try removing the drive in Device Manager and rebooting.

Disk drives are the least reliable component of pc's due to the high mechanical demands. But fortunatly they are now cheap to replace.

POP

Not sure that the error message is telling you anything you don't alraedy know Pop. You know it's not accessible!

Does the drive apear in "my computer"?

Does it read any other disks, ie. audio or data CD's?

You could try removing the drive in Device Manager and rebooting.

Disk drives are the least reliable component of pc's due to the high mechanical demands. But fortunatly they are now cheap to replace.

Thank you for your reply,have tried another disk but again would not open,for some apparent reason in the last few days the computer has been playing up,sounds silly I know,but a lot of the trouble seems to be around my PDA,I have had to reinstall Active Sync several times of late that is the 4.5 version.

POP

Duke Leto

Without habitat, there is no wildlife. It's that s
As rozinante says is it visable in my computer? If not is it still visible in the BIOS? if not is it internal or external? if its external check the cabling and power, if its internal check the ribbon cable that connects it to the motherboard and also the motherboard connection probably best to unplug and replug the cables but make sure you don't bend a pin also check that the power is still connected. It might be that its just dies and a new one is needed

POP

As rozinante says is it visable in my computer? If not is it still visible in the BIOS? if not is it internal or external? if its external check the cabling and power, if its internal check the ribbon cable that connects it to the motherboard and also the motherboard connection probably best to unplug and replug the cables but make sure you don't bend a pin also check that the power is still connected. It might be that its just dies and a new one is needed

Steve thank you, playing around with "bits and peices" rather out of my league,leave to my grandson.In answer to your question, it is showing in my computer and is an internal DVD.

Many Thanks,

POP

Duke Leto

Without habitat, there is no wildlife. It's that s
if its in my computer it recognised by the pc so can only be the drive / software / disc try removing it from the system and restart the PC it'll redetect it and reload the drivers

AAHHHhhhhhh just re read the original issue d:\data not available, if the disc doesn't have this folder it will error!! are you accessing it via a dsktop short cut?

scampo

Steve Campsall
First use Start/All Programs/Applications/System Tools/System Restore to return your settings to a time when the drive was recognised. That often does the trick. Otherwise go into Start/Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager and look under DVD/CD-ROM drives. Is your drive there? Does it say it is working normally? If it is okay, then look under Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Computer Management/Disk Management. Is the drive showing? Does it have a letter ascribed to it?

baillieswells

First use Start/All Programs/Applications/System Tools/System Restore to return your settings to a time when the drive was recognised. That often does the trick. Otherwise go into Start/Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager and look under DVD/CD-ROM drives. Is your drive there? Does it say it is working normally? If it is okay, then look under Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Computer Management/Disk Management. Is the drive showing? Does it have a letter ascribed to it?

Aren't PCs horrid and temperamental! Give me a Mac anyday

scampo

Steve Campsall
Aren't PCs horrid and temperamental! Give me a Mac anyday

Sounds worse than it is. System Restore is pretty much spot on. Where I think Windows is weak is on wi-fi/networking. I don't know if Macs are better but the hours I've spent on network issues on friends' and relatives' computers is not funny!

scampo

Steve Campsall
Hi - so does mine but underneath in brackets it say DVD(D:).

This shows that the disk is working and recognised as the D: drive. Did you try System Restore?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread