• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eagle (Borneo) (1 Viewer)

dixonlau

Malaysia
Taken at river near coastal (East) Sarawak, Malaysian Borneo, Dec 2020.

It got to be eagle based on my basic knowledge observation ;). Its beak are sharp and curved.

There were a few such eagles in the sky circling around. Managed to capture one succeed with its catch, a Pufferfish :eek:!!?? Isn't it poisonous? Eagle are immune?

PIC-20201219-122102-DSC07782-A7R3.JPGPIC-20201219-121804-DSC07678-A7R3.JPG

Yes, nice image of an Osprey (Pandion haliaetus)
Thank you Deb. I was there at the right time and standing at a nice small hilltop spot with clear view where they dive in for a catch. I had taken multiple burst shots but sadly, somehow my camera didn't focus on the spot. Only got sharp one after it flying away with its catch. Still happy with it despite it is my first time saw this Osprey and in-actions ;)

This is the final processed pic of Osprey (Pandion haliaetus) :cool:.

Thank you all for the help.

Attachments

• resize_PIC-20201219-122102-DSC07782-A7R3a-denoise.jpg
    resize_PIC-20201219-122102-DSC07782-A7R3a-denoise.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
Still happy with it despite it is my first time saw this Osprey and in-actions ;)
Great experience - I’m not a photographer but it really is an impressively sharp shot (you can even see drops of water falling away) the Osprey has a great ‘thousand yard stare’ !

Great experience - I’m not a photographer but it really is an impressively sharp shot (you can even see drops of water falling away) the Osprey has a great ‘thousand yard stare’ !
Thanks.

Incase you are wondering and interested to know the "technical", I was shooting with Sony A7R3, Sony FE 200-600mm, 1/2000s, F9, ISO 1250, at 900mm, handheld, and if I remember correctly, I turned off lens stabilization as it will in fact cause blurry image when shoot at high shutter speed.

It is almost every photos have to gone thru some level of post-processing. Some do little adjustment such as brightness, contrast, saturation, noise reduction, add sharpness... to heavy processing by removing unwanted objects (not my skill levels) :D

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back