• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Early migrants (2 Viewers)

The first Sandwich Tern reported on the Ythan yesterday but no other migrants have reached North-east Scotland yet.
One of those Alpine Swifts would be nice--the last one up here was in 1984!

Early "migrants" in the Black Sea

Had plenty of the usual early migrants (Black Redstart, Stonechat etc) during a recent trip at work in the Black Sea. Also Cettis Warbler, Corn Bunting, Black-necked grebe etc.

More details (and photos) here

i got a singing Sedge Warbler this morning at RSPB Radipole Lake in Weymouth. Its quite remarkable that i have got Sedge before willow warbler!!

My first Chiffchaffs today. Also at Girdleness but not seen by me: Black Redstart, Blackcap and several Wheatears today.

My first Chiffchaffs today. Also at Girdleness but not seen by me: Black Redstart, Blackcap and several Wheatears today.

.....The wonders of the internet birding... in the space of a week... we've tracked the first of the Chiffs' and Wheatears, moving the entire length of the country.. from South of the English Channel, to the Northern half of Scotland!

It would be nice to hear about the arrival of the Wheatears in the Northernmost extremities (or further!)

Squadrons of swallows should be arriving on the Dorset coast,..... just about (** Looks at watch.... and pauses....**) Now!

There's been a steady stream heading North into the Channel this morning.. 27 seen in a 20 minute coffee break on the cliffs.

Now down in Bristol before heading off to stay in the Portland Bird Observatory on Wednesday. Tons of Swallows and Sand Martins at Chew Valley Lake today, with upwards of 40 Sand Martins calculated on a trip round the whole of the lake and just below 30 Swallows. Also plenty of Chiffchaffs and Willow Warblers calling, with a Blackcap calling too. Exlcuding spring migrants, the Lesser Scaup was showing well. It was great to see the warblers and hirundines arriving and responding to the warmer weather.

good to know joseph! i'm eagerly awaiting their arrival in aberdeenshire, it'll really make it feel like we're out of winter once i'm tripping over swallows again. we need something to take our mind of the never ending snow this year!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back