• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Early Swift departure (1 Viewer)

NoSpringChicken

United Kingdom
I hadn't seen any for several days but yesterday I decided to give my binoculars a clean. I was testing them in the garden afterwards and spotted a lone Swift battling its way through the gale force winds. Perhaps if I had cleaned my binoculars a few days earlier I might have seen some more. ;)

Ron

Richard Prior

Halfway up an Alp
Europe
I hadn't seen any for several days but yesterday I decided to give my binoculars a clean. I was testing them in the garden afterwards and spotted a lone Swift battling its way through the gale force winds. Perhaps if I had cleaned my binoculars a few days earlier I might have seen some more. ;)

Ron

:king: Another lucky sighting here, two just flew south past a perched Golden Eagle I happened to be watching through the ´scope!

Nutcracker

Stop Brexit!
Flock of 9-10 lingering this morning over my local public park :t:

Edit: forgot to add, that's southeast Northumbs, so about 55*N latitude :t:

Last edited:

Paul Longland

Saw four over the local park across the road from the house here in Leicester a couple of days ago but suspect these were passage birds as had not seen the local group over the garden for about a week to ten days prior to that

Users who are viewing this thread