Eastern Kingbird

Tmblweed1

This bird shows infrequently at our feeder, in and out very quickly but today we got a shot, not a very good one but we think it is an Eastern Kingbird. What do you think??

Attachments

• eastern kingbird2.jpg
    eastern kingbird2.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 53
  • chickadee.jpg
    chickadee.jpg
    338.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

stonechat1

Agree with the Chickadee, though I´m not sure why the photo excludes a Black-capped Ch. Doesn´t the warm brown flanks fit for them better?

Tmblweed1

Agree with the Chickadee, though I´m not sure why the photo excludes a Black-capped Ch. Doesn´t the warm brown flanks fit for them better?
Now that I look at my guide it does match a bit better with the Black Capped one, it says they may move south in the fall. We got a better pic and now its more obvious.

Andrew Whitehouse

Professor of Listening
Staff member
Scotland
Now that I look at my guide it does match a bit better with the Black Capped one, it says they may move south in the fall. We got a better pic and now its more obvious.

At least according to Ebird, Black-capped Chickadee is only found in the Appalachians in North Carolina and I think would be very unlikely further east. Carolina Chickadee is the one you would expect at lower levels.

Tmblweed1

At least according to Ebird, Black-capped Chickadee is only found in the Appalachians in North Carolina and I think would be very unlikely further east. Carolina Chickadee is the one you would expect at lower levels.

Carolina it is then, and thanks. Here is another that appeared while trying to get the Chickadee.

Attachments

• _DSC3101sm.jpg
    _DSC3101sm.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 37

KC Foggin

Super Moderator
Staff member
United States
Yup! Andrew is correct. First 2 are Carolina Chickadees and the last is a Tufted Titmouse.