• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ED82 and Astro eps? (1 Viewer)

No. The eyepiece socket of the old Fieldscopes is too small for astro eyepieces to fit inside it (which would be necessary for most designs of interest to reach focus), so no such adapter could be offered.

--AP
Second Alexis.
I used to have ED82, the narrow socket is not possible for most 1.25 inch astro EP to fit and reach infinity focus.
Jay

That is why I use 0.965 inch or 24.5 mm fit eyepieces.
They fit all sorts of spotting scopes.

Standard microscope eyepieces are 23.2mm.

B.

Amy good sources of such eyepieces, especially wide angle ones? Microscope eyepieces tend to be sold by magnification… which is not so easy to translate to scope use??

Peter

Wide angle ones are usually larger fit unless high magnification.

I use orthos, Kelners and Erfles.

The Pentax orthos in 24.5mm fit are well regarded.
However, it is worth checking these old eyepieces for radiation, as a few contain thorium.
Also older eyepieces may need cleaning, and check for fungus.

There are wide angle microscope eyepieces, but I have no experience.

The wide angle eyepiece from Komz 8x30s are good if machined down to 24.5mm fit.
About 15.5mm fl and sold by HW English of Essex years ago. Possibly the E59 eyepiece?
He had hundreds of discarded 8x30 monoculars with missing eyepieces littering his warehouse floor at the back of the shop.

Regards,
B.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back