• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Elimination/Replacement (1 Viewer)

dries1

This brand is no longer around, the threads are old, the last thread is from early this year. As there are other brands that are up and running, perhaps a replacement is in order. I am sure many members can provide some suggestions for other new brand names that are actually producing a product.

Oh dear 🙄 ..... give it a rest - again, and perhaps get a life !

This topic was done to death previously and it was decided by the admins that it would remain as a useful archive, just like many other defunct historical brands.

The basic designs /components live on in other brands, so the information is still useful. It was also a moment in history worthy of recognition.

Mods - please close this ridiculous thread.

Chosun 🙅‍♀️

The suggestion is a good one. I brought it up a while back, I'm sure you can find it. It was quickly shut for no good reason.
This space should be devoted to another brand, or just dropped. The history here is not a positive, but a buyer beware.
Jerry

Jerry stop flogging a dead horse.
The decision has already been made by the admins for it to remain, in line with other now defunct brands.

What is it with you two ?
You are both guilty of being oxygen thieves ! 😄

Go outside and look at some natural beauty, something nice ..... and take notes !

Chosun 🙅‍♀️

Well, well, what do you know - all the dedicated h*t*rs (oh, I'm sorry - nature 'watchers') coming out of the woodwork .....

The same obnoxious 'mob' all time.

What are you all even doing on a BIRD Forum anyway ??

You realise that this is a BIRD forum right ?

The Zen-Ray ED3 is a fantastic BIRD watching binocular. Best ergonomics of any binocular made in the last decade. Excellent CA control, and brightness. You'd have to go to bins 6x the price to find any improvement worth a jot, and even then it would only be incremental. Only the recent advent of the Swarovski NL Pure is really worth talking about in practice, and even then you've got the unwelcome gain of 3 Ozs.

Instead of p**p**ing everything all the time, why don't you make constructive suggestions to re-order the Bino forum in alphabetical order, appearing after, the big 4 - Leica, Nikon, Swarovski, Zeiss.

You could even lobby to have your new favourite 'Mil - Tac Johnson EXT' included as an additional brand. Or you could all go sit around a campfire and check each others equipment out .......

Chosun 🙅‍♀️

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back