• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Emberiza Citrinella or Cirlus (Central Spain) (1 Viewer)

JLRamos

Spain
Hello everyone

I would appreciate help in identifying this Emberiza. I have a doubt between Citrinella or Cirlus.

Pictures were taken this morning in Guadalajara, Spain, in an area of riparian forest

I take this opportunity to wish everyone a happy end of the year and many new birds to share in 2021

thanks in advance

Attachments

• duda escribano 698.jpg
    duda escribano 698.jpg
    495.7 KB · Views: 60
  • duda escribano 699.jpg
    duda escribano 699.jpg
    522.5 KB · Views: 59
  • duda escribano 700.jpg
    duda escribano 700.jpg
    564.2 KB · Views: 54
  • duda escribano 701.jpg
    duda escribano 701.jpg
    522 KB · Views: 59

Alexander Stöhr

Hello,
welcome to birdforum!
Your bird is a Cirl Bunting, please note:
-narrow, but clear-cut parallel stripes bordering ear-coverts, leaving just a narrow pale area (I must admit your bird could show an id-friendlier head pattern)
-dark moustachial stripe reaches the bill and is clear-cut in the loral are (clear visible in picture 700)
-sharp, narrow streaks to the breast
-breast sides could show an id-friendlier orange tone, but colour is within variation for Cirl.

JLRamos

Spain
Hello,
welcome to birdforum!
Your bird is a Cirl Bunting, please note:
-narrow, but clear-cut parallel stripes bordering ear-coverts, leaving just a narrow pale area (I must admit your bird could show an id-friendlier head pattern)
-dark moustachial stripe reaches the bill and is clear-cut in the loral are (clear visible in picture 700)
-sharp, narrow streaks to the breast
-breast sides could show an id-friendlier orange tone, but colour is within variation for Cirl.
Thanks you so much :D

Users who are viewing this thread