• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Empidonax flycatchers in Central TX- help? (1 Viewer)

Tired

United States
I'd like to suggest a rule that all tiny flycatchers be required to have their Latin names written conspicuously on their wings. I can't tell what these are, beyond some suspicions. All photos are thumbnails- open for more detail. All birds were seen in about mid-May this year. Are these identifiable to species?

DSCN2551cropped.jpgDSCN2552cropped.jpg
Bird number one. In a semi-urban neighborhood with a lot of large trees.

DSCN2642cropped.jpgDSCN2643cropped.jpg
Bird number two. At a large park with forest, prairie, and pond areas.

DSCN2653cropped.jpgDSCN2654cropped.jpg
Bird number three, at the same park, different area.

I'm pretty stuck on these. Though, I did find an entry that looks right, in A Guide to Little-known & Seldom Seen Birds of North America.
image0.jpgimage0 (1).jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back