• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Entry hole protectors. (1 Viewer)

keithdog

I was thinking about installing a bird house entry cover like the one shown in the photo to prevent and further damage to the entry hole on a couple bird houses I have. I am concerned however with whether adding such a protector will turn off a birds interest in using the bird house due to the metal entrance plate. Is this a valid concern or will the birds still use the nesting box without concern.

Attachments

• 31w5f157aBL.jpg
    31w5f157aBL.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 24

Andy Adcock

England
I was thinking about installing a bird house entry cover like the one shown in the photo to prevent and further damage to the entry hole on a couple bird houses I have. I am concerned however with whether adding such a protector will turn off a birds interest in using the bird house due to the metal entrance plate. Is this a valid concern or will the birds still use the nesting box without concern.

I used them in Russia to keep Woodpeckers out and it was fine, we raised Pied Flycatchers every year with no concern.

Users who are viewing this thread