• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Error 50 (1 Viewer)

Gronk08

Hi
Got my gear a little wet today while hoping to see a Great grey Shrike (no show on the bird front) got back home and dried my kit out but my D750 is now showing error 50 with the shutter going nuts and firing like mad. Was hoping for a little advice, do people think the body still damp internally and hopefully be ok when fully dry or is it more serious?
Cheers
Tim

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
That is what I would try: remove the battery, leave all doors open to dry it out some more.

Niels

Gronk08

Cheers Niels, after leaving it all afternoon with the body "open" I came to give it another go as it were, but now the camera wont turn on, hoping maybe the battery was drained flat with all the continuous shooting but got a bit of a sinking feeling that I may need a replacement body:cry:
Tim.

Essex Tern

πŸ¦†πŸ₯‹πŸƒπŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ“·πŸŽΉπŸŽΈ
Supporter
Europe
Maybe try drying it out further with a desiccant like uncooked rice? 🀞

birdboybowley

Well-known member.....apparently so ;)
Supporter
England
Yep my 7dii got drenched in ecuador earlier this year and went bonkers....a night in a bag of dry rice sorted it out

Gronk08

Cheers for all of the replies, allowed my camera to dry out over night (lens off and insides all exposed battery out etc), the camera is now thankfully back up and running, and me thinking of asking Santa for a water proof cover.

Thanks again all

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread