• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Espanola, Ontario, Canada Is this a yellow-rumped warbler? (1 Viewer)

Bird Brainer

Supporter
Canada
I think this is a Yellow-rumped Warbler - is it a juvenile? It does not quite fit into any the images on my searches for this species. Many thanks to all the experts out
there helping us newbies!!!! Taken September 6, 2021, dense mixed bush near a lakeshore.

Attachments

• possible yellow rumped warber three sept 6 2021.jpg
    possible yellow rumped warber three sept 6 2021.jpg
    326.1 KB · Views: 52
  • possible yellow rumped warbler four sept 6 2021.jpg
    possible yellow rumped warbler four sept 6 2021.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 52
  • possible yellow rumped warbler sept 6 2021.jpg
    possible yellow rumped warbler sept 6 2021.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 49
  • possible yellow rumped warbler two sept 6 2021.jpg
    possible yellow rumped warbler two sept 6 2021.jpg
    484.1 KB · Views: 47

KC Foggin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
United States
They don't have an all yellow front. Usually mostly striped breast with yellow on its side. So I don't see it being a Yellow-rumped Warbler.

D Halas

A bird with a striped breast with yellow on the sides is exactly what the first picture shows. The first, third and fourth photos are a Yellow-rumped Warbler, but the second photo is a different bird that I can't identify.

rkj

I agree with D Halas. For the second bird, I think I am seeing a bird with a white belly, yellow undertail coverts, and a tail without spots, which would fit a Nashville Warbler.

Bird Brainer

Supporter
Canada
I think I solved the case! The second image (posted above) is a Red-eyed Vireo. I compared with a photo of a Red-eyed Vireo (first one below attached)and the rump end of the same bird. It looks like image two posted above, and they were taken at the same place, same day, same time.

Attachments

• DSC_7045.JPG
    DSC_7045.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 19
  • DSC_7046.JPG
    DSC_7046.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 19

Butty

Not this one, I don't - not enough visible. 'Plausible' means that there's nothing apparent to say that it isn't something - not that it is something.

Bird Brainer

Supporter
Canada
Not this one, I don't - not enough visible. 'Plausible' means that there's nothing apparent to say that it isn't something - not that it is something.
you originally identified the red-eyed vireo in another post and I am concluding this is the rump end of that first bird you id'd - more that plausible it is definite for sure

Bird Brainer

Supporter
Canada
A bird with a striped breast with yellow on the sides is exactly what the first picture shows. The first, third and fourth photos are a Yellow-rumped Warbler, but the second photo is a different bird that I can't identify.
See below, it is a Red-eyed Vireo.

ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia

Users who are viewing this thread