• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Ethiopia nature & birding, 15Jan-3Feb 2015 (1 Viewer)

rdavis

rdavis
I have arranged a private 20-day natural history tour of Ethiopia emphasizing birding and mammaling including world-renowned rare species. There will also be plenty of time for nature photography. The company organizing the tour, to be conducted in English is Wildlife Explorers of Berlin, Germany. The tour is to be guided by long-experienced (in Ethiopia) naturalist and photographer Volker Sthamer. There will also be a native guide/driver. My wife and I are looking for a second couple or two persons to join us to decrease the per person cost. The cost per person (double occupancy) for four persons is US$6150 (or equivalent in other currency), covering guide, all tour travel (van), comfortable hotels with full board, and entrance fees. In addition, participants must pay their own cost of travel to and from Addis Ababa. Both Volker (username Volker Sthamer) and I (username rdavis) have portfolios and personal profiles on Birdforum. Tour details are covered in an illustrated itinerary that I can email to those requesting it. Ron Davis

rdavis

rdavis
Thanks for the heads up, Colin. My wife and I have traveled to multiple areas of all continents except Antarctica, and are well aware that the term "comfortable accommodations" is relative to the area of travel and what is available. I trust our tour company and guide to select the best places to stay relative to our birding/mammaling itinerary. I am aware that the hotels we plan to stay at in the Ethiopian countryside, while comfortable by Ethiopian standards, are not top of the line relative to the best that are available in Addis Ababa. They will vary in quality depending on where we stop over, and some will be quite good. I have googled all of them, and wouldn't have used the term "comfortable hotels" if I hadn't considered the above. Ron

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread