• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Extra email address: Outlook & Thunderbird (1 Viewer)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
For years I've managed with one gmail account, but it occurred to me it might be safer to have a second one in case anything happened to it.

So this morning I went through the process of opening an Outlook account. A few glitches but it's working now. Sooo......

I wanted to link it to Thunderbird and got this message in the end.... I tried all three options with the same result

BF Tb settings.png

So, with some advice, I started from the Outlook end to Sync; and got this message

Untitled.png

Is this Outlook not allowing me to use Thunderbird, or a temporary glitch do you think?

You could try using imap rather than Exchange. I have an Outlook account running in Thunderbird using imap.

Thanks Mono.

I tried that one first. Tried all of them and got the same message.

Did you have to do the Sync thing in Outlook as well?

I'll go back and try imap again

Just tried deleting the account from Thunderbird and re-setting it up and it just worked, defaulting to imap.

Thanks so much Mono. I tried it again and it worked straightaway.

Think it must have been just a temporary glitch.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back