• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Falcon Rescue (1 Viewer)

Grider

So I got this bird ID'ed in the ID section of this forum. He is an American Kestrel. I found him in my pool this morning and gently fished him out. This is in Bolivia. He can't fly even after he is dried out and I can't see any physical injury. He's pooped several times since he's been in the box and will not eat raw chicken. He doesn't seem to be as fiesty as I would imagine he should be. He just kind of opens his beak (as a deterrent I suppose) when I get near him and tries to scuttle away but not real aggressive. He has mostly just been sleeping with his head turned to rest on his back all day. If I just put him out in the yard he's going to be instant cat food. No idea what to do with this bird. No vet's or rehabbers because we are on strict covid lockdown here. Should I just leave him in the box and see what happens? Anything else I can offer him to eat? Any advice much appreciated.

Attachments

• bird in pool.jpg
    bird in pool.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread