• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Falconfest in Kent (1 Viewer)

Original PaulE

United Kingdom
Went for the Eleanora's Falcon at Worth Marshes today, not been to the area before, fantastic place, bird showed well, a Red-footed Falcon was distant and several Hobbies were zipping about and had a Kestrel as well, was interesting to see the bird with Hobbies where the differences were obvious, not sure I would have ID it correctly had I seen it on it's own somewhere, although I will be grilling any Hobbies and Peregrines I see more closely now!! Very nice morning and very well organised as well!
lots of pics, I imagine others have far better, on the blog at the link!

559A0637.JPG

Was a great day down there indeed! Apart from the stupid Golden Oriole of course 😖😂 must admit having seen plenty of Elly's abroad i was struck that when watching it with Hobbies nearby the best comparison I could come up with re. jizz was Pom vs Arctic Skuas in flight

Was a great day down there indeed! Apart from the stupid Golden Oriole of course 😖😂 must admit having seen plenty of Elly's abroad i was struck that when watching it with Hobbies nearby the best comparison I could come up with re. jizz was Pom vs Arctic Skuas in flight
Yeah, 1st one I've seen! But initially when flying with a hobby it looked bigger and longer winged, seemed to fly a bit different as well, slower and a bit drifty if that's a word!! But then when we walking back to the car, we saw it on its own and it took me ages to actually be sure what it was seemed very hobby like!! Although in other circumstances I can imagine Peregrine being the confusion species!!

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back